Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Tomato and Mozzarella Salad

This past weekend, we ate the last Tomato Mozzarella Salad of the season.  We had it with a side of rib eye steak, and paired it with our favorite red table wine.  This is why we have a house with a garden and a grill. (Garden and Grill? Future possibility?)


The tomatoes and basil were the last from my husband's garden. He grew them from seeds. We will have to wait another year for more of his babies.  

I like my Tomato Mozzarella Salad to look chunky and wholesome rather than orderly and elegant. This is why I avoid calling it a "Caprese" Salad.  I also like more balsamic vinegar than olive oil.  Other additions: toasted pine nuts, sliced/diced peaches, lemon juice, or toasted bread (making it more of a panzenella salad).  

So simple and absolutely perfect!  It is now officially Fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment