Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Chicken with Mustard Mascarpone and Marsala Sauce

I didn't take a picture of this, because we ate it too fast. The husband and I actually bickered over who would eat the leftovers for lunch. It is extraordinary.

Giada De Laurentiis has been the source for many fabulous meals in our house. Everyday Italian inspired me to cook with many new ingredients, including pork tenderloin.  This particular recipe is from her Family Favorites cookbook.

I have never liked Fettucine Alfredo, mostly because it is, from the get go, not a healthy choice. I visualize my stomach expanding even as I read it on the menu (Note: this doesn't happen as I order the cheese plate, or my third drink).  The mascarpone is a lighter and just as flavorful replacement to Parmesan and cream (is that was Alfredo sauce is?).

We paired it with my "All Time Favorite Wine" - Allegrini Valpicello.  More on that later.

Eat at your own risk:  Chicken with Mustard Mascarpone and Marsala Sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment