Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Quick Dinner with Roast Chicken

The husband does not like a "put together" dinner. He needs something simple, with a main and two sides - a meal that doesn't have to explain itself.  My schedule driven husband has to eat this type of meal at the same time every day. It is always my goal to try and break this habit.  

I have opposite habits. I don't mind having a few cheese and crackers, a bowl of cereal, a cookie, and a glass of Rose (or 2) for dinner. This dinner usually happens at around 5:30, when the kids are eating (whining), and I am puttering (having sips of wine instead of screaming at the top of my lungs). I can only eat this dinner when my husband is not home for dinner, which is never.

Last night, I had dim hope I would be alone for dinner, sipping rose and eating Wheat Thins out of the box, when my husband announces that he is going to come home for dinner before leaving for the evening. #&$*(*&#$*(&.  What did I have?  A roast chicken from the Teeter, after R had begged for "white chicken" for three days.  I asked him, "Would you like some Roast Chicken and Avocado? or would you like me to make a chicken salad?"  He answers, "Oh! A Chicken Salad."  &*#($)&*

I knew I had curry and grapes. I googled, "Curry Chicken Salad," and came upon this Betty Crocker Recipe for which I had every ingredient, including the slivered almonds.  It came together fast, served with some leftover pitas and iceberg lettuce from last week. I added some scallions for a bite.  The husband pronounced it "good", and went on his way. I have to agree.

Curried Chicken and Grape Salad 


No comments:

Post a Comment