What I am currently reading:
Land, by Maggie O'Ferrell. I am STILL not into this. My mother loved this book, NovelVisits loved this book, it has a high GoodReads score. What is there not to love? I will again sit down with it and give it another go.
Moby Dick: Yet another week without cracking this opus.
Recently Finished:
The Rest of Our Lives, Benjamin Markovits. 4.25*. Loved the prose, loved the first person character. Are men really like this? Does the main character really not think any deeper?
So Old, So Young, Grant Tinder, 3*. This is Four Weddings and a Funeral in book form, in the United States, but not as good. The locations are not as glamorous, and there are too many drugs. For me, there was a familiarity of the crowd I wished to avoid while living in NYC.
What I am reading next:
In the Days of My Youth I Was Told What It Means to Be a Man, by Tom Juno. Written by a magazine writer and a memoir. Highly rated. Not sure where I learned about it.
Lady Tremaine, by Rachel Hochhauser: High recommended by a trusted source (the Bossy Bookworm). Started The Rest of Our Lives to avoid reading it, and still unsure as to why I can't crack it.
No comments:
Post a Comment